EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 2014: Received a B.A. in Psychology and History from Northwestern University
- 2017-2019: Clinical trainee at the Emory University Psychological Center
- 2018: Earned an M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Emory University (APA-accredited)
- 2018-2019: Clinical Extern at the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Strong4Life Clinic
- 2021: Completed Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (SPACE) intensive training under the direction of Dr. Eli Lebowitz
- 2021: Completed a Predoctoral Internship in Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychology at the Emory School of Medicine Child and Adolescent Mood Program (APA-accredited)
- 2021: Earned a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Emory University (APA-accredited)
- 2021-2022: Clinical Postdoctoral Fellow at Anxiety Specialists of Atlanta
- 2021: Completed Exposure & Response Prevention (ERP) training workshop under the direction of Dr. Becky Beaton
- 2022: Licensed as a Psychologist in the state of Georgia
Devika Basu, Ph.D. is a Licensed Psychologist, specializing in the treatment of anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, social anxiety, and specific phobias in children, teens, and young adults. She is also a specialist in treating depressive disorders and various eating-related difficulties such as binge eating. Dr. Basu utilizes evidence-based techniques grounded in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) to best meet the needs of the client. Dr. Basu is passionate about building collaborative relationships with her clients in order to help them build skills and move toward a more values-driven life.
Dr. Basu began her doctoral training at Emory University in 2016, completing her M.A. in Clinical Psychology in 2018 and her Ph.D. in the fall of 2021. There she engaged in research related to eating and weight difficulties in the Health Eating and Weight Support Lab, and conducted a mobile app-based mindful eating intervention for adults with concerns about overeating for her dissertation. During her clinical training at Emory University, she completed extensive training in psychoeducational and diagnostic assessment, as well as individual, group-based, and parent-based therapy with a diverse range of clients from childhood to early adulthood. Dr. Basu most recently completed her predoctoral internship at the Emory University School of Medicine’s Child and Adolescent Mood Program, where as a J. Rex Fuqua Scholar she utilized CBT/ACT-informed and exposure-based techniques for the treatment of anxiety, mood, and eating disorders.
Dr. Basu is originally from Minnesota but is glad to call Atlanta home after spending most of her life in the Midwest. In her spare time she enjoys baking delicious treats for her loved ones, watching soccer (her team is Manchester United), visiting new restaurants, and spending time with friends and family.