EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 2020: Received Bachelor of Science in Psychology, with a double minor in Business Administration and Honors Research and Innovation
- 2020-2022: Served as a Graduate Assistant for Georgia State University’s Student Health Promotion, as part of Be Well Panthers
- 2021: Accepted as a member of Chi Sigma Iota’s Chi Epsilon chapter
- 2021: Completed the Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- 2021: Completed the Suicide to Hope training
- 2022: Completed internship with Kennesaw State University’s Counseling and Psychological Services
- 2022: Received Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Georgia State University
- 2022: Licensed as an Associate Professional Counselor (APC)
- 2022: Credentialed as a National Certified Counselor (NCC)
Jessie Jensen, APC, NCC, is an Associate Professional Counselor and a National Certified Counselor, who holds a Masters Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. She specializes in working with adolescents, teens, and young adults using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to treat a variety of mental health conditions. Through her experience working with college students at Kennesaw State University and other training experiences, Jessie has focused on working with individuals who struggle with anxiety including social anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, health anxiety, school and work anxiety, perfectionism and performance anxiety, and situational fears and phobias. She also works with depression and mood issues, as well as with survivors of assault and individuals with eating disordered behaviors. Jessie also enjoys providing community outreach and talking to various groups and entities on a large scale, through presentations, social media, and events.
Jessie holds a Master’s degree (MS) in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Georgia State University. At the University of North Georgia, she received a Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a double minor in Honors Research and Innovation and Business Administration. While attaining her master’s degree, Jessie completed her internship and practicum experience at Kennesaw State University’s Counseling and Psychological Services. Jessie recognizes that coming to therapy for the first time can be scary and aims to create an accepting and empowering environment through the counselor-client relationship. Her approach to therapy is focused on acknowledging that negative thoughts, experiences, and emotions are a part of the human experience and works with her clients to find ways to respond in a productive manner. Jessie is being supervised by Jen Powell, LPC, CPCS.
Jessie also serves as the Anxiety Specialists of Atlanta’s Social Media Coordinator. In this position, she aims to provide education about OCD, anxiety, therapy, and overall mental health. In her role, she will leverage social media to provide compassion and encouragement to others as well as share an inside perspective on the team and services at Anxiety Specialists of Atlanta. Jessie has experience working on health education social media for accounts at both the University of North Georgia and Georgia State University, and incorporates these experiences into her position.
Jessie was born and raised in metro Atlanta. In her spare time, Jessie enjoys playing and listening to music, crocheting animals and blankets, participating in craft fairs, reading, and going to concerts. She plays both piano and violin and is classically trained in both, though now after years of music competitions mostly plays for fun. Jessie has two goldendoodles and loves dogs and will stop to say hi to any dog whenever possible.