EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 2017: Practicum and Clinical Internship at The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute in Atlanta, GA
- 2017: Credentialed as a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
- 2017: Trained in Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) by Dr. Becky Beaton
- 2018: Received Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Mercer University
- 2018: Credentialed as a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
- 2018: Licensed as an Associate Professional Counselor
- 2019: Joined Anxiety Specialists of Atlanta
- 2020: Completed SPACE (Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions) training
Marti Munford, LAPC, NCC, is an Associate Professional Counselor who works with children, adolescents and adults, specializing in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies (CBT), and exposure therapy and exposure and response prevention (ERP) to treat anxiety spectrum disorders including obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), separation anxiety and social anxiety. Additionally, her clinical interests and experiences include emotion/behavioral regulation in children, impulsivity and attention concerns, adjustment and relationship issues, perinatal mood disorders and parenting concerns.
Marti has completed multi-day ERP trainings through The Knowledge Tree for the treatment of (OCD) and specific phobias. She has practiced for two years under the direction of Dr. Rebecca Beaton, a nationally recognized anxiety and exposure specialist, prior to joining Anxiety Specialists of Atlanta. In addition to individual and family therapy, Marti also has experience leading groups focused on DBT skills, OCD, and generalized anxiety. Marti operates from an integrated perspective and enjoys incorporating a holistic mind/body approach with more structured modalities.
Marti is a Texas transplant to Georgia who enjoys life in Smyrna with her husband, daughter, and four legged family members. In her personal time she enjoys running, gardening, and rooting for her Houston Astros.