EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 2016: Earned MA In Clinical Psychology from Columbia University Teachers College in NYC
- 2017-2018: Clinical Extern at University of Louisville Autism Center
- 2018-2019: Child therapist for Family Resource & Youth Service Centers (FRYSC)
- 2019-2020: Child therapist for Providence House Self Sufficiency Ministries
- 2018-2020: Clinical Extern at Sleep Health Center (SHC) in Louisville, KY
- 2020-2021: Predoctoral Residency at Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital in Baltimore, MD
- 2021: Completed Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (SPACE) intensive training under the direction of Eli Lebowitz
- 2021: Received PsyD in Clinical Psychology from Spalding University in Louisville, KY
- 2021-2023: Clinical Postdoctoral Fellow at Anxiety Specialists of Atlanta, LLC
- 2023: Obtained Licensure as a Licensed Psychologist in the state of Georgia
Dr. Catherine Worthington is a Child and Adolescent Licensed Psychologist who specializes in the delivery of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and exposure therapy to treat a variety of anxiety related disorders including generalized anxiety, social anxiety, medical/health anxiety, specific phobias, and selective mutism. Other areas of clinical focus include pediatric and adolescent sleep difficulties and early-childhood behavioral feeding challenges. Finally, Dr. Worthington provides both parent training for anxious children (SPACE) and parent-child interaction therapies to address emotional, behavioral, and/or social challenges occurring within the home or school setting. Dr. Worthington is a clinical specialist who is committed to providing evidence-based therapy services that are collaborative with a client and their family, and targeted in order to best address individual client needs.
Dr. Worthington completed an M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Columbia University Teacher’s College in Spring of 2016. There she engaged in research evaluating the use of mindfulness-based interventions as adjunctive treatment modules in therapy with children. Dr. Worthington then began her doctoral training at Spalding University, earning her Psy.D. in the Spring of 2021. During her doctoral work she engaged in dissertation research evaluating the use of a psychoeducational and process-oriented interventions for promoting insight in parents seeking reunification with children after DCS removal. After completing a predoctoral residency with Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital, she began her postdoctoral fellowship at Anxiety Specialists of Atlanta, LLC in the Fall of 2021 and obtained Licensure as a Psychologist in Georgia in 2023.
Throughout her training, Dr. Worthington has engaged in therapy, psychoeducational assessment, multidisciplinary patient advocacy, and research with clients ranging from infancy to older adulthood in a variety of settings, including school counseling (elementary through college), pediatric inpatient clinics, and specialized practices for the treatment of health anxiety, behavioral feeding disorders, autism, and developmental trauma. She trained for two years at the Sleep Health Center (SHC) in Louisville, KY under the guidance of Dr. Ryan Wetzler. There she utilized CBT-informed and exposure-based techniques for the treatment of insomnia, circadian rhythm disorders, sleep-onset association disorders, and CPAP nonadherence. Dr. Worthington is currently in the process of seeking board certification in Behavioral Sleep Medicine (DBSM). Finally, Dr. Worthington has completed intensive training in Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (SPACE) under the direction of Dr. Eli Lebowitz. As a Fellow, Dr. Worthington is being supervised by Dr. Theresa Welles.
Dr. Worthington is returning to the south after her various educational residences. She currently resides in Brookhaven, Georgia and is enjoying all that the city has to offer. She spends most of her free time either acting as a novice musician on the piano, guitar, and microphone, or baking/cooking for friends and family. She also enjoys attending sporting events, concerts, and spending time outdoors with her poodle mix (“Samson”).